Monday, December 13, 2010

Flight of Shadows: A Review

Flight of Shadows by Sigmund Brouwer

Would I say that Flight of Shadows was a page turner? No. Not like the books I usually read. It does, however, have a compelling story of a girl who was conceived in a test tube and genetically altered to have some very one of a kind characteristics. Out of many, she is the only "experiment" that is functioning. Other than having a hunchback, she is an ordinary looking young woman. But, because of the unique situation, her DNA holds the key to some lifechanging secrets. She is being tracked by the government, a deranged bounty hunter, and a curious guy named Razor who has his own secrets. This story is set 20 years ahead of us, and also includes some political statements regarding the times we live in today and how that effected the future. The world, in this book, is a dark, cold, scary place. Only the people with money have protection and value.
I loved how the author lets you see the humanity of every storyline. The mentality and vulnerablilty of the depraved bounty hunter, the personal life and friendships of the head government agent. The anger and rage bubbling up from an innocent girl that was born to be an experiment.
Even though this book was different, I am so glad I read it. I would recommend it to my friends, and if any of them would like to borrow it...well, just let me know. *wink*

You can purchase this book here.Click on the "Blogging for Books" box above to learn more about how you can do this too.

Disclaimer: I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review

If you click on this link and rate my review, it will also enter me to win prizes too...the more ratings I get, the higher chance of winning!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That sounds interesting. Not at all like the books I would normally read but interesting. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for liking Blueberry House!
Nice blog. I blogged on blogger for 8 years but I no longer have the time. I miss it. It was relaxing for me. Anyway, just wanted to drop by and thank you for clicking like on Blueberry House Tutoring and Homeschool on facebook.

Tammy